Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Open in Lake County Amid a Sea of GOP Signs - And a Sighting of the Dold Bus!

I voted this morning at Lamb's Farm in Libertyville, and while I knew that the enthusiasm of Lake County Republicans was up, and the Dems seemed a bit down, I was not prepared to see a veritable sea of GOP election signs, but not ONE Dem sign.  Wow.


And to top it all off, on the way home, I drove by the DOLD BUS and the NERHEIM FIRETRUCK!  I waved and honked my horn, and was rewarded with a horn blast from the bus and the truck, which was packed with supporters.

I think it's going to be a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Democrats made gains in Lake County last night. Retain Obama, defeat Dold, pick up 1 House and 1 Senate seat.
Bob Cook is left scratching his head.

Anonymous said...

35 years of voting and I have never seen a sign in the voting booth. Signs don't vote. In the age of social media, signs may become obsolete.
What I did notice throughout the county. Dem signs on lawns and GOP signs on business property and vacant land.