Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday Photo Caption Contest: Is Jean-Luc Picard Calling for Dan Seals?



For our semi-regular Friday Photo caption contest, I pulled a picture right off of Dan Seals' campaign website (note to Dan: maybe try to update your newsroom with some stuff more recent than November 2007... of course, hasn't been much positive press for ya lately, has there?).

Maybe it's just me, but the guy in the picture reminds me eerily of Captain Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Or, at least, Picard as he was shown in the series finale, "All Good Things...", in which he flips back and forth across three different time periods.

Obviously, this is "old senile Picard" that we have there in the Seals campaign picture (compare with the Star Trek episode photo to the right, or see 'old Picard' in action here).

Clearly, the other, younger, smarter Picards in that episode would have much better things to do than manning the phone bank for Dan Seals.

You guys know what to do. Have at it!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caption:
"Charlie Rangel got indicted?! Jesus, do you know how much money Dan Seals got from him? What are we going to do now???"

Anonymous said...

TA - here is my suggestion...

Uh lady, I am sorry that you were stuck in Dan Seals's failed gas-for-votes traffic mess...

Team America said...

This is obvious, but:

"Beam me up, Scotty! There's no intelligent life in this campaign office!"

Anonymous said...

Clearly the job hunt for Dan is already up and running, though the use of Bush 41 era computers might not be the most helpful way to get there. And I am not sure that's enough staffing to explain 2 straight defeats in a democratic state in a bad GOP environment with several million bucks at your disposal.

Longing to see a 30 second spot with DanIran's youtube clip about siding "for peace" rather than Israel in a war.

Team America said...

Glad I wasn't the only one who also chuckled at the outdated equipment at Team Seals HQ- is that a Commodore 64 I see?

Anonymous said...

"Listen, I have a picture of Che-bama in the background and it's really freaking me out; can't you just send some money?"

Or

"I came all the way from the Ninth District to make this call!"

Anonymous said...

Picard talks on the phone to voter (channeling Locutus of Borg):

I am Locutus of the 10th District Democrats... we plan to assimilate the voters occupying sector 010. Resistance is futile. Your freedom to vote for a thoughtful, independent leader like Mark Kirk has ended. From this time forward, you will service... Barack.

Anonymous said...

"Laruen Beth - sorry I can't talk about you getting that huge FEC fine, I got to put you on hold to talk to Robert Creamer about his time in jail."

Both are key Dan Fans.

Anonymous said...

Darn it, number one, you beamed me back to 2006, not 2008! This campaign is stuck in the past!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Won't someone buy Dan's house?"

Anonymous said...

hey,I have an old computer and can't access MAPQUEST. Can you tell me exactly where you're located since I'm not familiar with this district. We're supposed to walk precincts and we're LOST.

Anonymous said...

"I keep telling you Ellen, it's a movie... you know - made up? It is not an analogy of 10th district politics. For god's sake woman, I'm an actor - they bused me in with the rest of the union guys and your Seals guy better find the cash to pay me more than Equity Scale!"

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys are really cool.

Anonymous said...

Hey lay off Picard, Jean-Luc kicks ass.
There are four lights!