Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008 - Open Thread

At Lamb's Farm, in Libertyville, which is my precinct polling place, the line was long but moving at 6:15 a.m. when I went to place the last of my McCain-Palin signs that I'd reserved for this day, along with our local candidates, including, of course, Congressman Mark Kirk.

As we've said for months, today is the day when we'll see if the voters of the 10th District vote for an empty suit in the form of Dan Seals, or an accomplished, independent, busts-his-butt-for-us congressional representative, Mark Kirk.

I voted early, but after I placed the last of my signs, I walked into the polling place to see what was going on, and a Seals worker and a Kirk volunteer were both outside (each observing the 100 foot electioneering setback, I was happy to see), and each handed me some literature. What each camp was handing out says a lot: the Seals card was a small one-side piece featuring Seals at the top, Dick Durbin at the bottom, and Barack Obama in the middle, with a "Vote for Change" title at the top. Nothing about anyone's positions, accomplishments, etc.

Conversely, the Kirk piece was 4 pages, with long lists of Kirk's accomplishments and endorsements from the five major papers in IL-10. As we've said all along, Kirk is the real thing and his literature shows it; Seals is simply a wanna-be who knows he has to ride the coattails of other candidates to have any chance of winning. Sad.

Brave the lines, get out there and vote, and let's bring it home today for the GOP!

ALSO- thanks to everyone for your support over the last year. At last count, we're at 47,601 hits, with over 520 hits yesterday. We're definitely having an impact and serving as a resource for people who want the straight scoop on our elected officials and political candidates here in IL-10/Lake County.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted at 7 a.m today in Highland Park and didn't wait for one minute. I was the 116th voter in my precinct. Many had early voted. I proudly cast my vote today for Mark Kirk. TA, thanks for all that you have provided through this Blog to educate and active 10th District voters. Thanks for giving us all a place to talk about issues without being deleted or spoken down to or trashed like dirt. You have done more to help advance our cause than I think you can appreciate. It's going to be a long day, an even longer night. I know that Mark is going to be our Congressman to help lead on all the issues that matter to voters in this district. He is a voice of reason, of moderation, a leader who knows how to forge relationships that truly make a difference. I'm looking forward to another great year of chatting on Team America which is clearly THE voice of the 10th District. Way to go, TA. On to victory.

Anonymous said...

56-44
I won't tell you who's who. You can figure it out.

Anonymous said...

TA--

I couldn't brave the lines today as I voted absentee, but I have family and friends who are out today campaigning and working at polling places all across IL 10th. I am glad that we have been able to engage in political discourse here, albiet heated at times, but that just demonstrates why America is the beacon of free speech and independent thought. In any case, whether the polls hold true and my man Dan Seals wins or Kirk turns out voters that have been hiding for 18 months, it has been an enjoyable election season and I look forward to many more debates and discussions here.

Until Next Time,
A Concerned Colonial

Team America said...

CC- thanks for stopping by once again and even though I hope Kirk crushes your guy, we appreciate your input and dialogue. Unlike Ellen, your fellow Seals supporter.

Anonymous said...

why are there no kirk staff or volunteers at the polling stations in glenview?

Anonymous said...

We will persevere tonight and hold the white house and this seat, but tomorrow we begin the sprint to 2010 and it is time for a wholesale firing of the state party apparatus. It's a dog that doesn't know how to hunt, bark or bite.

Illinois is the only state between the coasts that has not had a republican seriously contest anything over the last 2 cycles and it is in large part because mark's former treasurer, andy mckenna has done a pathetic job.

Mark's chances of re-election for 2010 get a lot better if we get some folks at the state level that know what they are doing, and I'm not thrilled to see the speaker's staff return since they did a pretty fantastic job blowing Congress for us.

It is also noteworthy that comrade catwoman has shutdown comments on pravada either because she's too intimidated by King Louis Astaves or saddened by the defeat.

Anonymous said...

McCain seems to be getting his ass handed to him so far. I hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

black vote and youth vote seem to be nationally not as high as last time. Also nytimes has the best site I think.

Anonymous said...

Re: "The empty suit in the form of Dan Seals"

This from someone who would put Sarah Palin one elderly heartbeat away from the Presidency. Like I said, if Kirk loses, it's because the mainstream GOP needs to learn a lesson -- whether they do or not will be seen in 2010.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news tonight: Bill Gentes (26th) got his big gluteus handed to him. Congrats Dan Duffy!

Gentes couldn’t even carry his own neighborhood (Grant 137) where he is the Precinct Committeeman. This guy lost big time!

Hey Bill: you’re going to lose next time in Round Lake as well

Richard Townsend said...

I was an election judge for Wheeling Township precincts 38 and 90 and Kirk won both. For a memorable picture of the day and my experiences, including a Dan Seals campaign illegal electioneering at our polling place in which the police were called, visit my blog at Experimentum Crucis

Anonymous said...

Mark won, comrade catwoman loses.

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that Kirk is winning, but anyone who didn't think McCain would get landslided is off the rocker.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Congressman Kirk on his victory it was well deserved!!
55-45
bye bye Seals!