Sunday, June 5, 2011

State Rep. Mark Beaubien Collapses at HRO Day at the Races

I attended the HRO Day at the Races at Arlington Park Racetrack today and had a great time, but I left just after the third race of the afternoon. I saw State Rep. Mark Beaubien right away when I arrived, and he looked just fine. So, it was with a profound shock that while getting ready to post some of my photos a short while ago, I saw from my Facebook newsfeed an article stating that Beaubien had collapsed at the track and passed away this afternoon.

Beaubien was a very nice man, and worked hard to represent his district -- often taking a lot of grief from the conservatives in the county. Our prayers go out to Dee Beaubien and his family. He will be sorely missed.

2 comments:

A. Bees said...

RIP Mark Beaubien. Illinois has lost a true statesman.

Anonymous said...

A true gentleman legislator. We will surely miss him.

Louis G. Atsaves